Monday, September 9, 2013

JJ Virgin Diaries Diet Update: Plans Have Changed For A While

The start of the JJ Virgin diet has been postponed again for two reasons. Honestly, right now, my money is a little funny and my change is a kind of strange. So therefore, I cannot possibly hope to succeed if my grocery budget doesn't allow me to follow even the letter of the law of this diet, much less the spirit of it. Additionally, I need to finish reading The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days by My Virgin Diet Cookbook: : The Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Egg-Free, Dairy-Free, Peanut-Free, Corn-Free and Sugar-Free Cookbook 

In the meantime in between time I have not abandoned being proactive about addressing the need for getting a handle on my health and weight. My ex-husband told me about the 5:2 Fast Diet. Then I went online to get more information. From my limited understanding of this diet, the program requires the participant to fast on Mondays and Thursdays. The fast calls for the dieter to have scrambled eggs for breakfast, drink plenty of water through out the day, eat veggies only during the afternoon and evening and keep the caloric intake for the fasting days of Monday and Thursday to a five hundred maximum. I have not read The Fast Diet, the book by Dr Michael Mosley and Mimi Spencer nor the cookbook for this weight loss program. However, this diet is something I can handle following for now because it both simple and affordable.


Anywho, I started the Fast Diet last week and I am feeling better already. I must admit I didn't follow the diet to the letter. However I have an action plan in place this week to avoid the pitfalls of mindless eating. I'm not cooking anything I cannot eat on fasting days any more because even when I don't plan to eat something I'm cooking I always taste a little sample to make sure it is seasoned right or whatever the case may be. I am telling you, here with thunder thighs to prove it, sampling and tasting calories count too. Additionally, I have already prepared multiple,tasty,hearty and satisfying, low calorie vegatarian dishes to fill up on. My bottled water is chilled and I am about to make my scrambled egg. Wish me luck.

  • Front Cover

  • Cabbage w/Peppers & @ Homecooked
  • Squash Sweet Pepper & @ Homecooked
  • Romaine Salad @ Homecooked

No comments:

Post a Comment